Firmware Engineer APPLY NOW
Who We Are:
Altrac creates automation tools that help farmers unlock productivity and gain peace of mind. Our products allow customers to remotely monitor and control their farm equipment through their smartphone or computer. We are a small group of makers and doers that have been applying our skills to shape the future of farming since 2014. This is a great opportunity to join an agricultural technology startup at a pivotal time in its growth phase.
As our first dedicated firmware engineer, your responsibilities will range from writing firmware to managing a fleet of IIOT devices to working with the development team on integration points. You will own development of firmware, deployment of firmware and finding and fixing firmware issues as well as tracking and reporting on the health of our fleet of devices. Altrac relies heavily on Particle.io for our cellular and development systems, so you will become intimately familiar with their products and processes.
- 3+ years working experience with embedded C/C++ systems
- 1+ years experience with IoT devices, preferably in an industrial environment with limited power and data budgets
- Experience developing effective, robust, and maintainable firmware for AVR and ARM microcontrollers
- Experience working with an existing code base to debug and resolve issues, increase reliability or enhance features
- Collaboration experience using Git, Github and other standard team collaboration tools
- Experience with low level interfaces such as 1-Wire, I2C and SPI
- Experience with electronics tools, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, power measurement
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience working remotely or examples of situations where you worked independently on a day-to-day basis
Nice to have:
- Experience and/or passion for working on problems that affect farming and food production
- Examples of situations where you introduced or enhanced the reliability of an IoT system
- Experience with Particle.io products and services
- Experience or understanding of cellular networking including routing, UDP, CoAP, activation, signal strength and noise, etc.
- Familiarity with ICE engines and related sensors
- Familiarity with large electric motors (50HP+) and their control systems (ie VFD)
- Familiarity with irrigation systems
- Experience with industrial data protocols and their transport layers, including MODBUS, RS-485, RS-232, SDI-12, 1-Wire, CAN, etc.
- Basic knowledge of backend applications, and how they interface with IoT devices
- Comfortable working with Mac, Linux and Windows operating systems for firmware development and programming
|||Remote|||Research & Development||||||I7Yw.A6kTmNVo9zR|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false