Personal Data Collection
We may collect Personal Data about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Service.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Certain areas and features of our Site and Service may require registration. For example, to register for our Service, you must provide your name, the name of your company, email address, street address, phone number and zip code. As part of our Service, we send our clients regular emails with Data recorded through our Service.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Altrac (except in connection with information, products, or Service that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast email that is sent to you by Altrac.
Information We May Receive from Third Parties.
As a secondary purpose, where You have consented to such purpose, We may disclose Your information to selected third parties. We will disclose your information on a depersonalised, aggregated basis, unless we have your consent to do otherwise. Those third parties may use the information for a number of statistical purposes, including the commercial development of products.
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Site or our Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the Altrac application, linking your account to our Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Altrac. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service. You may also unlink your third party account from our Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will remove the information collected about you in connection with that service.
Information We Collect Automatically.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Service to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Service, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience while using the Site or our Service.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Service on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Service and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
We may share the information that we collect about you, including Personal Data and Content, as follows
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personal Data and Content will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers and Business Partners. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, agents or business partners who perform functions on our behalf or otherwise as reasonably necessary to provide the Service to you.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Altrac is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. To learn more about cookies, web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do Not Track
We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “Do Not Track” signals from your browser.
Third Party Analytics and Tracking
Our Site and Service may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Types Data We Collect
Altrac collects Data when our hardware is deployed on your property. Data includes any data collected with sensors installed with the Device and any data You choose to add to the device, including but not limited to settings, maintenance and location data.
Use of Your Data
Data we collect is primarily used to provide information and reports to users of our Service. Data is also used by Altrac personnel to answer questions that customers may have about their account and to develop and improve our products. Altrac may also aggregate Data across multiple properties and accounts, and use this data to create and publish industry benchmarks or comparative application performance metrics, to show frost protection or water usage trends in certain geographical locations, and for research and other purposes. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Data as described in this policy.
Security of My Personal Data
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the Personal Data we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Modifying Your Information. You can access and modify the PII associated with your Account by submitting a ticket to Altrac Support. If you want us to delete your PII and your Account, please submit an email with your request. We’ll take steps to delete your information as soon we can, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Storage of Information
Altrac controls and operates the Site from locations in the United States. By using the Site and Service, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data to the United States.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users of our Site or Service. Our Service is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Service please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at https://www.altrac.io If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the Personal Data and Content we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and will update the ‘last modified’ date at the bottom of this page.
This Policy was last modified on December 1, 2016.